Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Beginner Looking for a NAS

Wanting to create NAS Media Server due to 40GB of Media (TV Series & Movies). Currently I have 16 different size types of WD external HD's. So I would like to purchase a NAS the "RIGHT WAY" so that I don't waste my money. I have watched many of the nascompares videos of YouTube but I am still confused. Please help show me the way so that I can start purchasing! Thanks
If you're looking to create a NAS media server to accommodate your substantial 40GB collection of TV series and movies stored across 16 different WD external hard drives, it's essential to make an informed purchase decision to avoid wasting your hard-earned money. Based on your requirements, I recommend considering Realtek-based NAS models such as DS223j, DS223, and DS423, or options like DS220 and DS423+ which are equipped with Celeron CPUs and offer a broader array of applications and functions. These models provide a reliable foundation for your media server needs, allowing you to efficiently centralize and manage your media collection. By opting for these NAS solutions, you can streamline your storage setup and ensure seamless access to your content, facilitating an enhanced media experience.