Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking to replace my Quantum SAN

Our current storage server is a Quantum StorNext Xcellis SAN. We have 2 physically separate volumes. One for video editing and the other for graphics/animation. Our Quantum reaches EOL March 2024 so I am looking to replace it

My main concern is keeping my editors happy being able to edit 6k BlackMagic RAW footage from the SAN using DaVinci Resolve. I've been conflicting things from potential vendors on why I should opt towards a SAN environment over a NAS

I was hoping for some guidance in finding an appropriate solution

Thank you!!!
Thank you for reaching out to us regarding the replacement of your current Quantum StorNext Xcellis SAN. We understand your main concern is ensuring smooth editing of 6K BlackMagic RAW footage using DaVinci Resolve while also exploring the differences between SAN and NAS environments.

For your specific requirements, we recommend considering the Synology UC series. Synology offers reliable and innovative solutions that can meet your needs. With the UC series, you have the flexibility to stick with Ethernet connectivity or utilize PCIe slots for fiber channel cards, depending on your preference and infrastructure setup.

Opting for a Synology NAS can provide a cost-effective alternative compared to enterprise brands that may be outdated. Synology's offerings are known for their reliability and continuous innovation, making them a popular choice among professionals.

We recommend exploring the Synology UC series options on their official website (https://www.synology.com/en-uk/products?product_line=uc) to find a suitable solution that meets your specific requirements.