Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

nas for video editing

Hi

i'm a curently looking to get my first nas for video editing. I would be the only editor. I curently edit of samsung t5 disks so I assume 500mbs would be fine for editing? I edit 4k files in blackmagic raw. I'm wondering what kind of specs I should look into? How much would it be to spend for a budget option vs somthing really good?

thanks in advance!

Gabriel
Since you currently edit on Samsung T5 disks, which offer around 500MB/s transfer speeds, it would be sufficient for editing purposes. However, keep in mind that working directly from a NAS can provide better performance and convenience.

In terms of NAS options, you have a few choices. The QNAP TVS-472XT with Thunderbolt is a solid option if you want fast data transfer speeds and seamless integration with Thunderbolt-enabled devices.

Alternatively, you can consider a NAS with a Ryzen or Celeron processor and a PCIe slot, allowing you to add a 10GbE card for high-speed networking. This can be a more budget-friendly approach while still providing excellent performance.

If you prefer an all-in-one solution, the QNAP TS-h973AX is a popular choice, offering a powerful processor, ample storage capacity, and a range of connectivity options to support your video editing workflow.