Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Terramaster DAS Kit and Support

Hi
I wonder if anyone else has raised the case of appalling Terramaster support issues. For example they advertise the 5 bay DAS as a professional solution for video editors but then you find it doesn't really work with a latest MacOS config (M2 Pro MacMini) - a common choice for video editors. OK you ask their tech support and they return the same line three times "follow the instructions" but it does not work. Theres nowhere to go. Like WD recently, they need calling out for such shoddy practices when advertising so-called pro kit. It leaves me with a question. Is there a Mac DAS software solution for RAID that you would actually trust and I could use to rescue my expensive bit of tin junk. i.e. a software DAS approach - would this be poorer than the Terramaster hardware DAS? I gotta do something to stop myself going mad. Send doctor immediately;-) many thanks, Clarke
Yes, people choose them because of the low prices for the hardware. They often install TruNAS OS on top of it and then use it. This should solve the compatibility issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWsiM5WTHRI
But with a Terramaster DAS, the only thing you could try is using AMC software RAID and Appe file system.