Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS help

hello Im trying to decide what type of NAS to buy for my own personal use and maybe family use. I want to store pictures, music movies ect. and have the ability to access them from anywhere. I have looked at Synology and others but still am unsure of what I will need or what will be the best solution I have built my own computers in the past and have some working knowledge of the systems. I dont know whether it is better to build a NAS system out of old computers or buy new and ready to go system. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank, Ken
When it comes to choosing a NAS for personal and family use, there are several factors to consider. The DS220+ and DS423+ models from Synology are excellent options to explore. Both of these NAS devices come equipped with a Celeron CPU, ensuring smooth multimedia performance and handling your storage needs effectively. Additionally, they offer a comprehensive suite of backup applications, providing you with peace of mind regarding data protection. While building a NAS system from old computers is an option, it may require more technical expertise and can be time-consuming. Opting for a new and ready-to-go NAS system, like the Synology models mentioned, offers convenience and ensures compatibility and support. Assess your specific storage requirements and consider factors like expandability, remote access capabilities, and user-friendly interfaces when making your decision.