Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Advice required

Hi,
I follow your videos mostly to learn more about Nases.
I'm a normal french dude (please excuse my approximate English), not so nerdy (ie totally newbie on Linux system), but I'm interssed in Nases.
I need a backup and storage for my datas (video & pictures mostly also office files)
I want to use Flex to stream my contents on my devices
I try to reduce my GAFAM uses, so I wanted to operate a efficient cloud storage to my photos.
I wanted a NAS able to manage my video houseprotection footages.
Maybe also create an mail manager system.
Don't need VM (yet)

I was thinkingg to purchase a synology system wich is more accessible with my unkwnoledge.
I already have 4 brand new WD Red Pro 12T0 in order to build a Raid 5 Nas
I hesitate between the ds923+ and 423+ or maybe 1522+ or 920+
I think the 423+ will be more appropriate for my needs and I was thinking you could give me a good advice before spending my money.
Regards

Denis

If you're looking for a recommendation among the Synology NAS models you mentioned, the DS423+ is indeed a great choice. It stands out due to its powerful transcoding engine, which allows for smooth streaming of media content to your devices through Plex. Moreover, the DS423+ offers the advantage of having no software limitations when it comes to backup applications and other features. This means you'll have the flexibility to utilize a wide range of backup solutions based on your specific needs. With its reliable performance and versatile capabilities, the DS423+ should provide you with an excellent backup and storage solution while catering to your multimedia streaming requirements.