Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QNAP h874

Hello, I am trying to decide between h874 i7 vs i9. I have HDDs, non-ECC ram and a PNY Telsa T4 video card for the Plex transcoding. Thanking you in advance.
When choosing between the QNAP TS-h874 with an i7 or i9 processor, there are a few factors to consider. Both processors are powerful options, but the i9 generally offers higher performance due to its increased number of cores and higher clock speeds. If you're primarily using your NAS for Plex transcoding and other resource-intensive tasks, the i9 processor would provide better performance and faster transcoding speeds. However, it's important to note that transcoding with a video card like the PNY Tesla T4 can offload most of the processing power, reducing the impact of the CPU choice. If you already have the i7 and it meets your current needs, it might be a cost-effective option to stick with it. However, if you anticipate higher demands in the future or want the absolute best performance, the i9 processor would be the recommended choice.