Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

advice on which nas to get

Hi, I've been watching your NAS Videos. Thank you for making them. It's made my process a lot easier. I would love to have your advise on what. you think I need? I've been looking at the QNAP TS-h973AX 9 bay with 32 gb Ram. I want around 100tbs of storage (80tb after raid 5), I'd like to cache SSD's but I'm confused on what to get and the amount, and lastly, the 10g connection is super important for me. Here's a little bit of my situation. I film & edit videos for a living for the last 10 years. I shoot in 4k in almost every project. I primarily want this for storage for my videos and 4k video editing. I want this NAS Connected directly to my computer and only mine. If I do need more computers than mine, I'd only need one more additional 10g port. I've got a lot of questions you've probably answered a thousand times but I'm grateful for your free advice. Again, thank you for making the videos.
For your video storage and editing tasks, a direct 10GbE connection between the NAS and your computer is vital to ensure fast and efficient data transfer. The TS-h973AX is designed with this feature, enabling seamless file transfers and minimizing any bottlenecks during your editing workflow. If you require an additional 10GbE port to connect another computer, you may want to explore the TVS-h674 model. This NAS offers increased connectivity options and even provides CPU choices such as the i5 and i7 processors.