Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nas

Goodnight.
Thank you in advance for the work done around the NAS.
There is no other place like it.
After seeing your reviews and videos, I've been checking out the DS923+ but I'm not sure if it's the best.
I want a NAS that will last me many years.
I have about 140000 photos that I want to store there and that I can access them from anywhere.
I also want to keep a lot of documents there.
I will also sync and save some work (3D parts, etc).
I intend it to be backing up phone photos of about 3 people.
I also intend to save some videos to watch away from home.
What they say?

Thanks.
Thank you for your kind words and interest in NAS devices! Considering your requirements for long-term usage, storing a large number of photos, accessing them remotely, keeping documents, syncing and saving work, backing up phone photos, and storing videos for remote viewing, the DS923+ could be a good choice. However, it's important to note that the DS923+ lacks a transcoding chip, which means it may have limitations when it comes to video playback away from home.

For a better fit, I recommend considering the DS423+ instead. It shares the same specifications as the DS920+ but includes a transcoding engine. This would enable you to watch videos in 1080p or lower resolutions even when you're away from home. With its robust capabilities, the DS423+ would serve as a reliable NAS solution to store and access your extensive photo collection, documents, work files, and videos while providing the convenience of remote access.