Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking for a NAS I can use for movies and music (with Sonos)...possibly photos too

I've purchased a Sonos system and want a NAS drive on which I can store and access all my music (I have quite a few CDs which I've ripped to MP3)

I also have quite a number of DVDs (also ripped to MP4) which I'd like to be able to put on the NAS too, so I can watch them on my TV (LG ~3 years old).

I have an existing 2TB hard drive (Seagate SkyHawk Lite) which I had originally thought would be enough to start with, but if allowing for future growth, RAID, etc then I guess I'm probably going to need more than one drive and possibly more than 2TB....so maybe 4TB?

At this stage I'm only really planning on making the content available from home...but if it's possible to set it up to be accessible from anywhere, then that could be something useful to get into. I believe you have to be careful re security though if delving into this side of things.

Messages In This Thread
Looking for a NAS I can use for movies and music (with Sonos)...possibly photos too - by ENQUIRIES - 06-07-2023, 02:00 PM