Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology HDD compatabilities

Good morning NASCompares. have watched your channel for several years and am a long-time SYnology user - 15+ years. Have a DS213+ and DS1813+ - both getting very long in the tooth. I am in the process of upgrading and have decided DS1621+, given 15 years has passed I can now install larger drives than what I have in the old NAS's having decided on the above 6 x eagate ST10000NT001 10TB IronWolf Pro 3.5" SATA NAS Hard Drives. Have previously used WD but am sick of their unreliability so changing to Seagate. Whilst there are Seagate Iron Wolf drives on Synology's compatability list I can't source the ones highlighted. Given these are still IronWolfs , whilst not on the compatability list in your oppinion do you think these should still install on the NAS?
As you're in the process of upgrading your NAS, the DS1621+ seems like a solid choice. Since it has been 15 years since your previous NAS purchases, you can now take advantage of installing larger drives. You've opted for the 6 x Seagate ST10000NT001 10TB IronWolf Pro 3.5" SATA NAS Hard Drives, as you're seeking a change from WD due to reliability concerns. While these specific drives may not be listed on Synology's compatibility list, they are still part of the IronWolf series. In my opinion, it should be possible to install them in the NAS and use them without any issues.