Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS Upgrade

Dear Robbie and Eddie,
thank you so much for offering this service, I really appreciate that.
Concerning my NAS dilemma, my situation looks like this, right now I own a WD MyCloud Ultra Ex2 (2-bay NAS), with 4TB of HDD storage. I used it mainly as a Plex Multimedia station and Apple Time Machine but since I am sick of paying iCloud Storage for all of my photos and mobile device backups, I consider switching to a upgraded NAS since the WD MyCloud speed is just around 30mb/s which isn't that fast because Backups of my iPad are around 100GB. I heard about the Synology DS220+ and saw your YouTube video but I wanted to ask whether this NAS should bring up better upload speeds via LAN when backing up all of my devices, whether there is an option to directly backup iPhone and iPad without the need of an iMac in between and whether this device would handle plex and fit my needs, maybe you would recommend another device, Thank You very much in advance Smile
Thank you for your kind words, we're glad to be of help! Based on your situation, upgrading to a more capable NAS sounds like a great idea. The Synology DS220+ is indeed a fantastic choice. With its powerful hardware and versatile features, it can significantly improve your backup and Plex streaming experience. The DS220+ offers faster LAN speeds, providing quicker backups for your devices, including iPhones and iPads, without the need for an iMac in between. Its robust hardware supports Plex smoothly, ensuring seamless multimedia playback. Additionally, the DS220+ provides expandable storage options, allowing you to accommodate your growing needs. Overall, it's a reliable and user-friendly NAS that should meet your requirements perfectly. We highly recommend the Synology DS220+ for your NAS upgrade. Thank you for reaching out, and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!