Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS selection

Hello there, your channel are really incredibly great.
I'm looking for a Home NAS to play photos and videos on my TV, Phone and computer using a decent NAS.
I need it to be not too noisy so that I can place it in the leaving room and woluld like to avoid as much as possible the zzzz sound when airing a movie or populating photos.
I have selected a shortlist with prices in Euros :

DS223 - 290 euros
TS-231P3-2G - 344 Euros
TS-433 - 426 Euros
TS-262 - 446 Euros

Please let me know if you see better option but I wanted to have something quite evolutive for the next years as well.

Thank you.
Thank you for your kind words about our channel! We appreciate your support. Let's help you find a suitable Home NAS for playing photos and videos on multiple devices while prioritizing low noise levels.

Among the models you've shortlisted, the DS223, TS-231P3-2G, TS-423, and TS-262 offer various features and capabilities to meet your requirements. When considering noise reduction, it's important to assess the type of applications you plan to run on the NAS.

If you primarily intend to use internal apps like Synology's DS Video for media playback, models with Realtek processors such as the DS223 and TS-231P3-2G are excellent choices. Realtek processors are optimized for handling internal applications, providing reliable performance while minimizing noise output.

On the other hand, if you anticipate using third-party applications like Plex or other media server software extensively, models with Celeron processors might be a better fit. The TS-423 and TS-262, equipped with Celeron processors, offer increased processing power for handling these applications effectively.

To ensure future scalability, consider the number of drive bays available on the NAS. Both the TS-423 and TS-262 provide ample room for storage expansion as your needs grow over time.

When it comes to pricing and performance, the shortlisted options offer a range of choices. However, it's worth exploring other models within a similar price range, such as the Synology DS220+ or QNAP TS-251D, to ensure you find the best fit for your specific needs.

We hope this guidance helps you make an informed decision. Enjoy your home media experience, and feel free to reach out if you have further questions or need more assistance!