Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ts-464 8gb or 4gb

Hi, Should I buy the TS-464 8gb version, I don’t thing you can up grade the Ram, does the OS/System use 4gb of the 8gb. or try and find the TS-464 4gb which you can upgrade to 16gb. I will not be running any VMs. Is the 8gb version the newer version and is better than the 4gb. Thank you for a very informative video, thanks Paul
Hi Paul! When it comes to the QNAP TS-464, it's important to note that some newer models may not allow RAM upgrades, but there are older releases that do offer that capability. It would be best to check with your local reseller or QNAP directly to confirm the RAM upgrade options for the specific model you're considering.

Regarding the TS-464 with 8GB of RAM versus the 4GB version, it's important to assess your specific needs. If you won't be running any virtual machines (VMs) or engaging in memory-intensive tasks, the 8GB version should suffice for most typical NAS applications. The operating system and system processes generally utilize a portion of the RAM, but the exact amount can vary depending on the specific configuration.

If you prefer the flexibility of upgrading the RAM in the future or anticipate potential resource-demanding applications down the line, then opting for the TS-464 4GB version with the ability to upgrade to 16GB might be a better choice for you.

In terms of being the newer version, it's crucial to check the release dates and specifications of both models to determine their relative age and feature sets. QNAP regularly updates its product lineup, so it's essential to compare the specifications and capabilities of each version to make an informed decision.

Thank you for your kind words about our informative video. We hope this clarification helps you make the best choice for your specific requirements.