Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Should I wait or buy later

I want to purchase a Synology NAS 1621+ after considering the current price and the fact that it is 3 years old, I find myself wanting to wait for the next newer best thing.

We have a very small real estate investment business and have 2 small kids (lots of photos) and I like to own my movies. Our in-laws will use the NAS as well. Therefore we are considering backing up everything on the NAS to avoid paying for cloud storage and running out of phone storage.

Should we wait for the next 2023 2024 models?
When it comes to purchasing a Synology NAS like the 1621+, waiting for the next newer model can be a never-ending chase. Technology evolves rapidly, and new releases occur every year or two. However, it's essential to consider that existing NAS models like the 1621+ are already highly capable and will easily meet your needs.

For your small real estate investment business and family photos, the 1621+ offers ample storage capacity and reliable backup options. It can handle your media storage requirements, including owning your movie collection, and provide convenient access for your in-laws.

Waiting for the latest models may not be necessary, as even the current models have a long lifespan. Synology NAS systems are built to last and are known for their durability. With proper care and maintenance, they can easily serve you for a decade or even longer.

Rather than chasing the latest model, consider the current offerings that meet your requirements and budget. The Synology 1621+ is a solid choice, providing excellent performance and functionality. It offers expandable storage, robust backup capabilities, and easy integration with various devices and applications.

By choosing a well-established model like the 1621+, you can avoid the cycle of constantly waiting for the next upgrade and instead focus on utilizing the NAS to its fullest potential for your real estate business, family photos, and media storage needs.