Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Studio NAS

Hey friends, im in the market for my first NAS. Currently I have 3 USB harddrives and im intersted in upgrading to a fast NAS i can store in my bedroom whilst I work from my studio basement. It''s primary use will be storing samples and instruments to load into my music production software, as well as other files like videos and images. Any personal recs for a home studio setup like this? Thanks
Hey there! If you're looking for a fast and reliable NAS for your home studio setup, we have a couple of recommendations that should fit your needs.

Considering your budget of £1000, the Synology DS220+ and DS423+ are both excellent options to consider. These models are powered by Intel Celeron processors, providing a good balance between performance and affordability.

The DS220+ is a 2-bay NAS that offers smooth file transfers and efficient storage management. It's a great entry-level choice with a user-friendly interface, making it ideal for your music production software, sample storage, and other files like videos and images.

If you require more storage capacity, the DS423+ is a 4-bay NAS that provides room for expansion as your needs grow. It offers similar performance capabilities as the DS220+ but allows for greater storage flexibility with additional drive bays.

Both models come with Synology's DiskStation Manager (DSM) software, which offers a wide range of features and applications to enhance your productivity and data management.

With their Celeron processors, these models should handle your home studio tasks smoothly, providing fast file access and reliable storage for your music production files, samples, videos, and images.

Overall, the Synology DS220+ and DS423+ are solid choices for your home studio setup. They offer a great combination of performance, affordability, and versatility, ensuring that your music production workflow runs smoothly.