Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Choosing the right one

Hi! im looking for a NAS that will primarily replace my 7 hdd drive configuration on my desktop. im going for 4tb-6tb in raid 1 configuration and the purpose of the nas will be to hold my files and data so its going be attached as a network drive and as dlna server to stream movies to tv. i would appreciate if you can give me 2-3 recommendations each on both 2 bay and 4 bay systems. the goal is as affordable as possible which can handle those basic tasks and able to utilize that gig interface as much as possible ie read/write performance. i prefer these systems to be a bit snappy when handling config tasks ie no crappy cpu. i dont mind the brand im ok with synology qnap asustor or any other good brand except wd. Thank you
If you're looking to replace your desktop's 7 HDD drive configuration with an affordable NAS that can handle basic tasks like file storage and DLNA media streaming, we have a few recommendations for both 2-bay and 4-bay systems.

For a solid starting point, the Synology DS220+ is a popular choice. It offers excellent value for money and can handle your desired RAID 1 configuration with 4TB-6TB drives. With a snappy CPU and support for gigabit interfaces, it provides good read/write performance and is well-suited for network drive attachment and DLNA server functionality.

If you require a 4-bay NAS, the Synology DS423+ is worth considering. It provides expandable storage capacity and supports RAID 1 for your desired drive configuration. With its reliable performance and gigabit interface, it can effectively handle your file storage needs and serve as a DLNA media server.

On the QNAP side, the TS-264 and TS-464 are noteworthy options. These 2-bay and 4-bay NAS systems respectively offer decent CPU power for snappy configuration tasks and efficient read/write performance. They both support RAID 1 and can serve as network drives and DLNA servers without breaking the bank.