Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS newbie

hey you guys,
your site has been so useful as an explainer but i still feel a bit overwhelmed.
i'm a freelance photojournalist and travel constantly for work.
in addition to wanting to back up my many hard drives, i'd like to be able to access them on the go from whatever location i get internet access.
so i guess that means a NAS system with cloud backup as well? forgive me if i'm misstating. i'm still wrapping my head around the correct terminology.
right now i have 15TB of storage, but i will be adding to that as new projects come in.
any tips for the right system for me? i just don't want to throw down cash on the wrong one, or one that becomes outdated quickly.
i'm currently running on mac OS if that makes a difference.
thank so much for your help!
best,
noa
Hey there! As a freelance photojournalist who travels frequently, having a NAS system with remote access and cloud backup can be a great solution for your needs. It allows you to securely store and access your data from anywhere with an internet connection. For your expanding storage needs, I recommend starting with a Synology Plus series model like the DS220+ or the DS723+ if you can benefit from 10GbE LAN. These models offer scalability, user-friendly interfaces, and compatibility with Mac OS. Additionally, consider integrating a cloud backup solution like Backblaze, Amazon S3, or Synology C2 for an extra layer of protection. Remember to research different models and compare features to find the best fit for your workflow. Good luck, and feel free to ask more questions!