Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QuTS and TS-h973AX

Hi,
I want to by my first NAS and I decide me for the TS-h973AX with ZFS. ( after studying nascompares YouTube channel )

First step I will add:
- 2x Kingston Server Premier DIMM 32GB, DDR4-2666, CL19-19-19, ECC
- 2x OEM Datacenter SSD PM9A3 1.92TB, U.2
- 2x OEM Datacenter SSD PM893 3.84TB, SATA

Will this work fine?

How will I reach the best performance?
- one U.2 for the first system pool?
- other U.2 for the system cache?
- both SATA SSD´s for the user dataset in raid 0 for the best performance or better in raid 1 for security in mind?

In the secont step after awhile will I assembling the other 5 bay´s with Toshiba N300 for a big storage pool in raid 6, opr better in raid 10?

Thanks and regards,
Max.

The TS-h973AX is a solid choice for your first NAS, and your proposed setup looks good. Adding 2x Kingston Server Premier DIMMs for memory, 2x U.2 SSDs (one for the system pool and the other for cache), and 2x SATA SSDs (in RAID 0 or RAID 1) for the user dataset is a sensible configuration for achieving good performance. In the future, expanding with 5x Toshiba N300 drives in RAID 6 or RAID 10 for a larger storage pool is a recommended approach, balancing performance and data redundancy. Just ensure you follow the manufacturer's guidelines for installation and configuration, and consider implementing regular backups to external storage for data protection.
I would choose no cache, Just SSD in RAID1 for main storage pool and OS/apps.