Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which NAS?

Hey guys,
Been watching some of your videos on YouTube recently and they've been great, having not known much about NAS boxes until now.

During the renovation of my home, I have installed Cat6 cabling throughout, with the plan to have network to every room.
My plan was to have a small home network, where my wife and I have something storing all our movies, music and files, where we can access from whatever room in the house.
Currently, I have around 600 or so DVDs i'd like to have on this network storage and be able to access on something like Plex.

Can you advise what would be the best option you would recommend?

Currently dont have a specific budget in mind, as it costs what it'll cost.....as long as it's not something way over expensive! lol

Hope you can lend your expertise to this little query of mine.

Many thanks,

Mat
Thank you for watching the videos and reaching out for advice on setting up a home network with network-attached storage (NAS). Based on your requirements, I recommend considering the Synology DS423+ NAS. It offers a good balance between affordability and functionality. With its quad-core processor and expandable RAM, it provides smooth media streaming, including support for Plex. The DS423+ has four drive bays, allowing for ample storage capacity to accommodate your 600 DVDs and future expansion. It also features a user-friendly interface, DiskStation Manager (DSM), which provides a variety of applications and features to enhance your home network experience. Additionally, since you have Cat6 cabling throughout your home, you can take full advantage of the DS423+'s gigabit Ethernet ports for fast and reliable data transfer speeds. Remember to consider the storage capacity you'll need and choose hard drives accordingly.