Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS options

I am looking for a nas that will let me
-Access photos/videos from my iPhone
-Dump my iPhone photos/videos (like a cloud server)
-Backup my main computer on my network
-Do some light video editing/download video from a cloud locations
-Possibly stream video or just download to device then watch.
-preferably quiet in operation
Debating between F2-210 and ds220+ or any other 2 bay nas suggestions
Thanks
-Adam
Both the F2-210 and DS220+ are good options for your needs, but they have some differences that might influence your decision.

The F2-210 is a more affordable option and has good specs for a 2-bay NAS, including a quad-core processor and 2GB of RAM. It can handle the tasks you listed, but it might struggle a bit with video editing and transcoding due to its lower-powered CPU. It also has fewer features and apps compared to the DS220+.

The DS220+ has a more powerful processor, more RAM (2GB upgradable to 6GB), and a wider range of features and apps. It is a better option if you plan on doing more intensive tasks such as video editing or transcoding. It also has a better file transfer speed and supports 4K video streaming.

Both NAS models have mobile apps that allow you to access and manage your files from your phone, backup photos and videos, and even stream media. The DS220+ has a more user-friendly and feature-rich mobile app, but the F2-210's app is also functional.

Overall, if you plan on doing more intensive tasks such as video editing or transcoding, I would recommend the DS220+. But if you are looking for a more affordable option that can handle basic file management and backup, the F2-210 is a good choice.