Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First NAS for advanced PC user

Hey,

I am really lost looking for a NAS for quite some time. Bought the DS723+ because of a good offer and noticed it does not really fit my needs (No iGPU). So what my needs?
- File Storing and Sharing at home an on the go
- Media Sharing with family and friends
- Backupping some more ore less important Code and 3D Work
- Some virtualization for small projects and small webhosting
- As storage for retro games (roms) and saves to excess them from home and on the go

Currently in my sight is the DS220+, but its a quite long time on the market now and the upgradeability is low i think (more bays or ram in the future)

Thanky a lot!
Based on your needs, the DS220+ is still a good option for you. It may have been on the market for a while, but it still provides the necessary features for your needs. You can use it for file storing and sharing at home and on the go, media sharing with family and friends, and backing up important files such as code and 3D work. It also supports virtualization for small projects and small webhosting.

As for retro games, the DS220+ can be used as storage for your roms and saves, allowing you to access them from home and on the go.

DS423+ with 2 drives inside it is another option. Better CPU and multimedia support.