Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Compatible Device for Synology DS1522+ 5-Bay NAS

I am researching the Synology DS1522+ 5-Bay NAS and am confused by the Compatible Device listings on the Amazon sales page.

The Synology DS1522+ 5-Bay Desktop NAS, the Synology 5-bay DiskStation DS1522+, and the Synology 5-Bay DiskStation DS1522+ & M.2 2280 NVMe SSD SNV3410 ect., all only list the Desktop as the "Compatible Device." Whereas the Synology 4-bay NAS DiskStation DS920+ lists the "Compatible Devices" as "Smartphone, Television, Laptop, Desktop, Camera." I have included a screenshot.

Is it really the case that only the the Synology 4-bay NAS DiskStation DS920+ is compatible with mobile phones, or is this something entirely different? The Synology DS1522+ documentation only talks about Compatibility in terms of the kinds of hard drives you can use. It does say that you can "Access through web browsers, desktop clients, or mobile apps". But it does not specify what kind of DS1522+ it is talking about. 

Any insight you can provide would be sincerely appreciated.

Pax tibi, jhpiii

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

There is no difference which model you go far. They all use the same operating system and apps. They will all be compatible with phones, TVs etc.
(05-12-2023, 10:15 AM)ed Wrote: There is no difference which model you go far. They all use the same operating system and apps. They will all be compatible with phones, TVs etc.

Thank you for confirming that. I thought it was an extremely odd thing that it would be limited like that.