Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Upgrade MR2200AC to SRM 1.3.1-9346 (from SRM 1.2.5-8227 Update 8)

Dear NAS Compares, I have a synology MR2200AC router, and a second MR2200AC connected as a mesh router. CONTROL PANEL--SYSTEM indicates that my SRM version is SRM 1.2.5-8227 Update 8, and that my "SRM version is up-to-date". I think I can manually update the router by going to synology Download Center (https://www.synology.com/en-global/support/download/MR2200ac?version=1.3#system), and installing two patches to get the 1.3.1-9346 upgrade. I see how to do this for the main router by going into CONTROL PANEL--SYSTEM--MANUAL SRM Update. I assume that both the main router and the second/mesh router need to be running the same SRM. How to I updated the second/mesh router to SRM 1.3.1-9346...? Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide... James
To update the second/mesh router to SRM 1.3.1-9346, you will need to follow the same steps as updating the main router:

Download the two patches from Synology's Download Center for the MR2200ac and save them to your computer.
Go to Control Panel > System > Manual SRM Update.
Click on "Browse" to select the first patch file you downloaded and click "Apply". Wait for the update to complete.
Repeat step 4 for the second patch file.
Once both patches have been applied, the router should restart and run the new SRM version.
It's important to make sure that both the main router and the second/mesh router are running the same SRM version to avoid any compatibility issues.