Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fan not working

Very thanks for this article. I just practically purchase my DS220+ and as matter of fact I was very happy with it. the problem, It started to power off without apparent reason. As I am new to NAS technology and, of course, Synology, I thought there was a problem with some configuration. I did find the fan part and even thought I set it to full speed, it keep shutting down. Today, I found the real problem, the fan doesn't work at all. I wanted to check if there was an internal disconnection but started to have some troubles to open it up. Thanks to your article, I notice it was connected so, I am now starting a warranty claim. It's a shame because it is only 1 month old.
Regards.
I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your new DS220+ NAS. It's good that you were able to identify the problem and determine that the fan isn't working properly. Since your device is still under warranty, it's best to initiate a warranty claim and have it repaired or replaced.

It's not uncommon for electronic devices to experience issues, even when they are brand new. The important thing is that you take the necessary steps to have the problem resolved under warranty.