Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Best NAS for 4k photo and video + storage personal file and editing

I am looking for a NAS system for personal storage of documents photo and video, but also to view and edit these. The system shall be min. 16 TB capacity, for this I am looking for 32 TB considering raid 1 configuration. The system shall store all my memories and traveling stories.

The software shall be friendly, useful for working on local PC or able to view via smart tv.

Solution for attached CCTV surveillance cameras are wise to have.

Can you give a feedback here.
Thank you for your help

Kind regards Marian
Based on your needs and requirements, the DS220+ would be a good choice for a personal storage NAS system. It has a compact design, but it offers powerful features and software to handle your storage needs. It also supports RAID 1 configuration, which provides redundancy for your data and helps to protect against data loss. With 2 drive bays, you can configure it with two 16 TB hard drives to give you the 32 TB storage capacity you desire.

The DS220+ runs on Synology's DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system, which is user-friendly and offers a wide range of applications and tools for managing your data. You can access your files from your PC, mobile devices, and even through your smart TV with the DLNA support. Additionally, Synology offers various mobile apps, such as DS Photo, DS Video, and DS File, which allow you to easily access and manage your files from your mobile devices.

In terms of surveillance, the DS220+ also supports Synology's Surveillance Station application, which allows you to connect and manage up to 2 IP cameras for basic surveillance needs. The application offers features such as live streaming, recording, and motion detection.