Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS storage

I'm Mac based and live in an old house with a Deco mesh wifi system enabling us to have wifi at opposing ends of the house (despite thick walls). I would like to have central work storage so that I can work on a laptop in one room and if I want to, be able to work at the other end of the house and access the same files at a good speed. I am a graphic designer so it might be quite large files. Is this possible? Thanks for your help Philippa
Yes, it is possible to have central work storage that can be accessed from multiple locations in your house. One way to achieve this is to use a network-attached storage (NAS) device that is connected to your Deco mesh wifi system.

There are many NAS options available in the market, but you will need to choose one that is compatible with Mac and has sufficient storage capacity and data transfer speed to meet your needs. You may want to consider models from Synology or QNAP, which are well-known brands for NAS devices.

To ensure that you have good speed when accessing large files, it's important to connect your NAS to your Deco mesh wifi system via a wired connection rather than wifi. This will provide faster and more stable data transfer speeds. You can use a network switch to connect multiple devices to your Deco mesh wifi system via wired connections.

Overall, having a central work storage that can be accessed from multiple locations will greatly improve your workflow as a graphic designer.
Maybe consider DS723+ / ds923+ with 10gbe upgrade slot.