Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Synology 1522 backup to Drobo 5n2

I now have a Synology DS1522+ which replaced a dead Drobo 5n2. I have the backup Drobo 5n2 which still works. Can I use it as a backup for the new Synology NAS? Both have 5 10TB drives in them. Any help would be appreciated. While I have the drives to put in a new 1522 not sure if I need to have 2 Synology DS1522+ one to backup the other.
Yes, you can use your Drobo 5n2 as a backup for your new Synology DS1522+. In fact, it is always recommended to have a backup of your important data in case of hardware failure or other unexpected events.

To backup your data from your Synology NAS to your Drobo, you can use various backup methods, such as Synology's built-in backup solutions like Hyper Backup, or third-party backup solutions like rsync. You can connect the Drobo to your network and configure it as a backup target for your Synology NAS.

It is not necessary to have two Synology DS1522+ units to backup each other. One Synology unit can be used to backup its own data to another storage device, such as the Drobo 5n2.
(04-21-2023, 03:44 PM)ed Wrote: Yes, you can use your Drobo 5n2 as a backup for your new Synology DS1522+. In fact, it is always recommended to have a backup of your important data in case of hardware failure or other unexpected events.

To backup your data from your Synology NAS to your Drobo, you can use various backup methods, such as Synology's built-in backup solutions like Hyper Backup, or third-party backup solutions like rsync. You can connect the Drobo to your network and configure it as a backup target for your Synology NAS.

It is not necessary to have two Synology DS1522+ units to backup each other. One Synology unit can be used to backup its own data to another storage device, such as the Drobo 5n2.

I've tried using the Hyper Backup but it doesn't want to recognize the drobo 5n2. Steps I need to follow?