Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

XFS in this article

Our filesystem on our NNAS is IBM GPFS. All of our compute nodes are diskless. They all load from the identical image. Each node runs EXT4 each core is assigned 2GB of memory Each node has 4 10GB Myrnet adapters connected to a Myricom Myrinet 128 port 10Gb. these Myrinet switches connect to our NAS with 10GB Myrinet connectors.

Our systems use XFS and EXT4. I have not seen any articles showing user experiemnce of ZFS. I was dissapointed in the analysis of the EXT4 files system which read like a wet tongue in the lips RASPBERRY. I have run into two systems that had a problem on their EXT4 files system but those were easily corrected with reboot and repair on reboot. the OS we use are SLES. our communications modules are compiled into the kernel. This includes MPICH MVAPICH. The system is tuned for our CFD needs. We see ZFS as an untested and unproven filesystem.
IBM GPFS is a high-performance parallel file system that can provide scalable storage for large amounts of data. It is a reliable choice for many enterprise environments.

Regarding the choice of file system, XFS and EXT4 are widely used and proven file systems that have been in use for many years. While ZFS is a popular choice for some, it is true that it may not be the best fit for every use case. It is important to carefully evaluate the specific needs of your environment when choosing a file system.

It is also important to note that different file systems have different strengths and weaknesses, and what works well for one use case may not work as well for another. For example, XFS is known for its scalability and high-performance in large data sets, while EXT4 is a popular choice for its reliability and stability.

In terms of user experience, there are many resources available online that offer insights and reviews of different file systems. However, it is important to keep in mind that user experiences can vary depending on the specific use case and environment.

It sounds like your current setup is working well for your needs and requirements, and it is always a good idea to continue to monitor and evaluate your system to ensure that it continues to meet your needs.