Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TerraMaster T9-450

I've been searching for a review for the T9-450 for months and still cannot find one. I keep checking back here hoping you'll put one up as I do appreciate your thoroughness. Is this thing worth it? Can that board support 9xSATA and 2xNVMe AND 2xSFP+ all at the same time? In all that I've seen about TOS I would likely wipe it and put TrueNAS on. Would be a bonus to have information on that as well.

Thanks for all the great content and education!
Yes, the T9-450 motherboard supports HDDs, NVMe SSDs, and SFP+ networking using that board. It is designed to support up to 9 SATA drives and 2 NVMe drives simultaneously, as well as 2 SFP+ ports for networking.
Regarding your question about TrueNAS, it is definitely possible to install TrueNAS on the T9-450. TrueNAS is a popular open-source network-attached storage (NAS) operating system that is designed to be highly reliable and easy to use. It is based on the FreeBSD operating system and provides a web-based interface for managing storage resources and networking services.

If you decide to install TrueNAS on the T9-450, you should be able to take advantage of its powerful features, including data protection, replication, and compression. However, please note that installing and configuring TrueNAS can be a complex process, so you may need to seek out additional resources or support if you encounter any difficulties.

I hope this information is helpful!