Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

buy Synology DS923+ NAS or QNAP TS464-8 ??

I have been struggling with this decision for a while now.. I want to modernize (higher speeds, bigger CPU)

I am worried about the Synology's compatible list. I called their support line; they said.. the list is only the ones they have tested.. but if the drive is like a Western Digital Gold or Blank and is recognized.. no problem.. Same with the MVME.. They also said look at the incompatible list as those are drives known to have a problem

I am unsettled as the web site is not really suggesting the above..

QNAP seems good.. few restrictions... but does not have the Synology SHR file structure (very nice and stable) and the QNAP only has 8gb of memory possible (DS923+ - 32gb)

It would be great to get you and Tom from Lawrence Systems (ETC.). and Synology Tech Support/Sales... to chat about this.. and look to soften up the web site!

love your Youtubes, I watch them regularly and "Like" them

Any ideas to help with my decision?

Andy
All of the drives will work as long as it is SATA drive. Also, SSD will work as long as it is NVMe.
Synology will never change their attitude to this since they want to profit by selling their drives.

Here is how to disable the warning for non-listed drives https://nascompares.com/answer/hdd-compa...d-message/