Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Nas Home Work Advice

Hi

Can help me to choice a best solution for store my Business/Home like ( movies, documents, games )
And the possibility to access remoty like a VPN (tls or ipsec )

I'm read here on your website about Synology DS923+, but i dont know if the best choice for me. maybe Qnap or Assustor too

Thks
The Synology DS423+ is a great choice for storing your business and home data, as it has similar hardware to the DS920+. It is a 4-bay NAS that can support up to 64TB of storage with 4x16TB drives, and it has a 2.0 GHz quad-core processor and 2GB of DDR4 memory (expandable up to 6GB). This should be sufficient for storing and accessing your movies, documents, and games, as well as running some applications on the NAS.

In terms of remote access, the DS423+ has several options, including VPN support. Synology's VPN Plus package offers both TLS and IPSec VPN protocols, so you can choose the one that works best for your needs. This will allow you to securely access your data and applications on the NAS from anywhere in the world.

As for the Synology DS923+, it is a newer and more powerful NAS than the DS423+. It has a faster processor, more memory, and can support more drives (up to 9 bays). However, it may be overkill for your needs, depending on how much data you need to store and how many applications you plan to run on the NAS.

When it comes to other NAS brands like QNAP and Asustor, they offer similar products with comparable features and capabilities. It ultimately comes down to personal preference and any specific requirements you may have. However, Synology is generally known for their user-friendly interface and excellent software features, which may be important to consider.