Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Media Transcoding and Storage

I have a Synology 1219+. Currently using Synology native media player/converter. Data storage for multiple systems, mostly Apple, Linux and PC and home media access. No desire to remotely access however, future option desirable. Looking to convert saved video from Dish Network on their DVR and external HD to store on the NAS. Advice on how to do that and whether I should have a separate NAS, add this to existing or use an idle Mac Mini. What software should I consider. Gotcha’s, issues, costs and so forth appreciated.
You can do video conversion via Video station app or Plex.

Offline Conversion before Playback
With offline conversion, you can convert videos to .mp4 format (supported by most mobile devices) in advance with setting up those videos’ profile. Once the conversion is completed, you can download the converted videos to your mobile device and play them without limitations of network connectivity.

To start an offline conversion:
Hover your pointer over the video that you wish to convert, and click the Offline Conversion button at its lower right corner.
Select the video files, video profile, and audio track that you wish to become the profile of the newly converted video.
Click OK to start converting.

https://nascompares.com/answer/how-to-do...n-synology