Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mobile router

4 of my relatives are coming over for holiday from America, I watched your video about mobile routers but don’t think I’ll be needing anything particularly advanced to future proof myself as I currently don’t have the need for it. I need a substantial amount of data for what they have planned so I would like to ask for advice on where to find the best deal I can get sim-wise and which mobile router I should get. Thank you!
f you're looking for a simple and cost-effective solution for providing mobile internet access for your relatives, you might want to consider a prepaid SIM card with a large data plan. This would allow you to have a fixed cost for data usage and avoid unexpected overage charges.

In terms of mobile routers, there are a few options that might work well for your situation. One option is the TP-Link TL-MR6400, which is a budget-friendly router that can support download speeds of up to 300Mbps and has the ability to connect to a variety of 4G LTE networks. Another option is the Netgear Nighthawk M1, which is a bit more expensive but offers faster download speeds of up to 1Gbps and the ability to connect up to 20 devices.

When it comes to finding the best deal on a SIM card, it's a good idea to shop around and compare plans from different carriers. You can check with local mobile network providers in your area to see what kind of prepaid SIM card deals they offer for data usage. Additionally, some mobile providers offer international roaming plans that may be beneficial if your relatives plan to travel to other areas of the country during their visit.

Overall, the TP-Link TL-MR6400 or Netgear Nighthawk M1 combined with a prepaid SIM card with a large data plan could be a cost-effective and simple solution to provide mobile internet access for your relatives during their visit.