Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Shallow rack mount UPS

Hi,

first off I really enjoy your videos, and find them very useful and informative.

I currently have a 12U 450mm deep network rack in my attic, containing a Synology DS918+, a Unifi Dream Machine Pro, and a Unifi 16 port PoE switch. In the future I may end up adding in some AV kit.

I'm looking for a rack mounted UPS to provide some battery backup for these. I'd be looking for one that's fairly shallow in depth. In terms of run time, I don't think I require very much - just a few minutes for the Synology to be safely shut down.

The rack - https://www.pennelcomonline.com/en/Penn-Elcom-Wall-Mount-Rack-Enclosure-12U-450mm1772-Inch-Deep-1032-Rack-Rail-Black-Perforated-Door-R6412V-1032/m-9270.aspx

I hope that you are able to help!
Thank you for the kind words and for reaching out with your question!

Given your requirements for a rack-mounted UPS with a shallow depth, I would recommend looking at the APC Smart-UPS 750VA Rack-mountable UPS (model number SMT750RM2UC). This UPS has a depth of 432mm (17 inches), which is just slightly shallower than your network rack. It also provides 750VA/500W of power, which should be sufficient to power your Synology DS918+, Unifi Dream Machine Pro, and Unifi 16 port PoE switch for a few minutes during a power outage.

The APC Smart-UPS also comes with management software that allows you to monitor the UPS and configure automated shutdowns of your connected devices in the event of a power outage. Additionally, the UPS has a built-in LCD screen that displays information about power status and battery life.

Overall, the APC Smart-UPS 750VA Rack-mountable UPS is a reliable and popular choice for small to medium-sized network setups like yours.