Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

About Jellyfin and how to access externally

I have a Synology DS920+ that i bought watching your videos for a media server. I installed the Plex and it works fine but wanted to try Jellyfin as it’s a none paying app. I am currently using a OpenVPN connections on my NAS from ExpressVPN, if you need to know this info. Also, I have installed the Jellyfin like your video suggested but now I am trying to figure out how to access the media using the Jellyfin Mobile App or the Swiftfin and I cannot access maybe because wrong server ip address or something. Can you please help finish setting up? I don’t mind paying or contributing for the video in order to help others.
Thank you for watching my videos and for reaching out with your question!

To access your media using the Jellyfin mobile app or Swiftfin, you will need to configure your Jellyfin server to be accessible from outside your local network. Here are the steps you can take to do this:

Set up port forwarding: First, you will need to set up port forwarding on your router to allow external connections to your Jellyfin server. To do this, you will need to forward port 8096 (or whichever port you have configured for Jellyfin) to the local IP address of your Synology DS920+. You can find the local IP address of your NAS by logging into your router and looking for the device on your network list.

Configure your firewall: If you have a firewall enabled on your Synology DS920+, you will need to configure it to allow incoming connections on port 8096.

Set up dynamic DNS: Since your public IP address can change, you will need to set up dynamic DNS to ensure that your Jellyfin server can always be accessed using the same domain name. Many routers have built-in support for dynamic DNS, or you can use a third-party service like No-IP or DynDNS.

Connect to your Jellyfin server from outside your network: Once you have set up port forwarding, configured your firewall, and set up dynamic DNS, you should be able to access your Jellyfin server from outside your local network by entering your dynamic DNS domain name followed by the port number into the Jellyfin mobile app or Swiftfin. For example, if your dynamic DNS domain name is "myjellyfinserver.no-ip.com" and you have forwarded port 8096, you would enter "myjellyfinserver.no-ip.com:8096" into the app.

You could talk to Gabriele.
We do not offer services like that ourselves just yet.
You can find his page here https://go.fiverr.com/visit/?bta=297015&...r-qnap-nas