Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Follow up on previous question.

My last queston left out the fact that I use a Meraki(Cisco) MS22. So, I don't need more than 1Gbps RJ45 connectivity. Based on you top NAS's for 2023 and this 1Gps limit, and for looking for a home for 4 3.5" WD Red 2TB drives, and the fact that I am almost all Apple, I am thinking that a QNP TS-431K 4 bay diskless with Time Machine and iTunes might work well for me. After using a ReadyNas NV+ for over ten years, the QNAP seems like a good choice.
Based on your requirements, the QNAP TS-431K would be a good choice for a NAS. It has four bays for 3.5" drives, supports Time Machine for Mac backups, and has iTunes server functionality. It also has a 1Gbps RJ45 port, which matches your network's speed limit. The QNAP operating system, QTS, is known for being user-friendly and feature-rich, making it a good choice for both beginners and experienced users.

As for the top NAS options for 2023, it's difficult to predict what will be available and popular at that time. However, some top NAS brands to consider are QNAP, Synology, and Western Digital. These brands offer a range of NAS products with different features and price points, so it's worth exploring their offerings to find one that meets your specific needs.