Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Apple world

Great article. I have a Apple centric home/business. Your article leaves out Time Machine and iCloud. I have a set of WD Red drives and am looking for a diskless NAS to put them into. I have been used to a ReadyNAS NV+ for a decade and decided not to replace the power supply for a second time and upgrade. (the software on it is barely readable with current browsers). So, I have a lot of experience with operating a NAS, want to save my four 2TB 3.5" drives and move into this decade. Any suggestions? (two Macbook Airs, too Mac Mini's, and a MacBook Pro. (and one PC workstation for Flight Simulator)

Thank you,
Carl
Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your requirements. Based on your needs, I would recommend the Synology DS920+ as it is a diskless NAS that can accommodate up to four 3.5" drives, has four Gigabit LAN ports, and supports Time Machine backups for Mac devices. It also has a powerful quad-core processor and 4GB of RAM, which can handle multiple simultaneous users and applications.

Alternatively, if you're looking for a more budget-friendly option, you may also consider the Synology DS423+. It has the same specs as the DS920+ but has no expansion option. It is still a great option for a small office or home environment.

In terms of Time Machine and iCloud, both are compatible with Synology NAS devices. You can set up Time Machine backups to the NAS and configure iCloud Drive to sync your files to the NAS for additional data redundancy.