Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 bay home NAS

Hey. Hope you are well. Been watching a lot of your YouTube’s which are very good I have to say. I’m after a 2 bay home NAS mainly for storage to be accessed on my home network by laptops, iPads and phones. Not looking for a plex setup just something most likely with 2x8tb for mirror backup. I would like to future proof as much as possible with something decent that I can add a bit of RAM to and ideally has NVME for that extra bit of speed.
I will probably stream a few videos I have saved but these are only basic MP4 and alike so I don’t need transcoding I think.
Can I ask what you would recommend for me please. Thank you very much. Mike.
Based on your requirements, I would recommend the QNAP TS-264. It is a 2-bay NAS that supports up to 32GB of RAM and has an M.2 NVMe SSD slot for cache acceleration, which can improve the overall performance of the NAS. It also has two 2.5GbE LAN ports for faster network connectivity and supports RAID 0, 1, and JBOD for your data storage needs.

Additionally, the QNAP TS-264 runs on QTS operating system, which offers a user-friendly interface and a variety of apps that can be installed to expand the NAS's capabilities. It also supports remote access, allowing you to access your files from anywhere with an internet connection.

Overall, the QNAP TS-264 is a great option for a home NAS that can handle your storage needs while also providing the option for future upgrades and improved performance with its NVMe slot and RAM expandability.