Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Buy recomendation

Good morning from Spain. I wish buy a nas with 4 bays and 4 hard dribes 4Tb cmr and 4 Gb Ram (or less and ivrease amount later). Nas use is to nest functions:

-Multimedia
-Vpn servet
-Pi Hole
-Bachup
-Personal cloud

I have a daugther in London to use nas I have 1 Gb simetric internet conection.

Could you propuse nas models for my?

Regasd and thanks
Hello! For your needs, I would recommend the Synology DS423+ or DS220+. Both of these models have 4 bays for hard drives, support VPN server, backup functions, and can be used as a personal cloud. They also have multimedia features, allowing you to stream media to different devices in your home.

The DS423+ has a more powerful CPU (Intel Celeron quad core) and 2GB of RAM (expandable up to 6GB), which would make it better for heavier workloads and multitasking. The DS220+ has a slightly less powerful CPU (Intel Celeron dual-core) and 2GB of RAM (expandable up to 6GB), but would still be suitable for your needs.

Both models also support Pi Hole through Docker, so you can easily set up and run that function on either of them.

For your daughter in London, you can set up remote access to the NAS so she can access the personal cloud and other functions from there. Synology has its own QuickConnect service for this purpose, or you can set up a VPN connection for more secure access.

Overall, either of these models would be a great choice for your needs.