Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

NAS Replacment

Hello, I had a TS-451 OS Ver. 5.0.0.2131 (20220815).
I also had an external backup SSD drive.
My TS-451 died in October 2022. No longer boots up or posts. After researching it seems possible cause could be bad CPU batch from intel, but not sure.
I was going to upgrade to a NAS with M.2 but discovered, my son had removed my external backup drive and used it for school assignments. Wiped the whole drive. This my question is, what model can I buy with I can add my current 4 drives and has M.2 for future use.
Hi there! I'm sorry to hear about your TS-451. If you're looking for a replacement model that can support your four existing drives and has M.2 slots for future use, I would recommend the QNAP TS-464. This model has four drive bays for 3.5" or 2.5" drives, as well as two M.2 SSD slots. It also features an Intel Celeron quad-core processor, 4 GB DDR4 RAM (expandable to 8 GB), and two Gigabit Ethernet ports.

The TS-464 also has a migration feature that should allow you to easily move your data from your old NAS to the new one. You can do this by simply swapping the hard drives over to the new NAS, then following the migration wizard in the QTS operating system. This should allow you to get up and running on the new NAS quickly and easily.

I hope this helps!