Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Question 2 of 2: I'm the dog who caught the car - now what do I do with it?

Continuing from my other submission:
Question set 2: Security. Do you have an article on securing a QNAP? What functionality comes with QTS 5 by default and which of those things should I use? I'm guessing I should install all 4 of the tools that show up under Security in the App Center - Malware Remover, McAfee, QuFirewall, & Security Counselor. Anything I need to know about configuring them? I don't want to enable QNAP's cloud service, so I feel like I should be able to lock things down pretty hard. If so, will their photo app still be vulnerable (I think that was the most recent hole)? Can I use a Norton subscription I already have instead of McAfee? If I haven't enabled the QNAP cloud service but haven't set up any security either, is my NAS already vulnerable?
Bottom line: You talk about QNAP giving us enough rope to hang ourselves with, so what should I definitely do and what lines should I not cross until I know more about them?
I'm sure I'll be sending more questions!

Messages In This Thread
Question 2 of 2: I'm the dog who caught the car - now what do I do with it? - by ENQUIRIES - 03-26-2023, 06:30 AM