Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

First NAS Advice Please!

Hi! Watched a few of your videos and they're extremely helpful. I am a semi-professional photographer and do a lot with video for family/personal travel and purposes. I've got about 1.5TB of videos and at least 2TB of photos that are all stored in Amazon Drive right now. I'd like to use a NAS at home to better organize and more easily access and manage my files. I'm looking at the 923+, but all the choices are overwhelming. Appreciate any help.
Thanks for reaching out! Based on your needs as a semi-professional photographer who works with a lot of videos, the DS923+ could be a great option for you. However, if you don't need the 10GbE network speed for photo editing, you might consider the DS423+ which has the same specs as the DS920+ but is a non-expandable NAS.

With the DS923+ or DS423+, you can use Synology's powerful software to better organize and manage your photo and video files. You can also use it as a central hub for backing up your files from other devices and for remote access to your files when you're away from home.