Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2nd NAS

Hi,

I currently use a DS920+ that is brilliant so I'm now looking for the simplest 2nd NAS that I can schedule backups of my main data to in case of an issue/emergency. It will be kept in another location.

I'm thinking that probably a single drive unit would be sufficient. At this stage, my total data sits at about 4TB of which properly important data like family photo, documents and home videos comes to about 2TB.

I've steadily managed to move away from subscription services such as Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Photos etc but would now like to create my own backup service should something happen to the main unit.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks, Tim
For your needs, a single-bay NAS such as the DS220j or DS120j should be sufficient. Both are great options for simple backup solutions and can easily be set up to schedule regular backups of your important data.

The DS220j offers slightly better specs than the DS120j, including a faster processor and more RAM, which may result in faster backup speeds. However, if cost is a concern, the DS120j is a more budget-friendly option that still offers reliable backup capabilities.

Ultimately, both models are great options for a simple backup solution, and the choice between them comes down to personal preference and budget.