Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Advice on NAS for Streaming Media to TV

Hi, Thank you for the great initiative.

I am a fairly decent PC user with experience in building PC's. I have kind of fallen of the grid with the current technology due to work. I don't have the necessary time to go in weeds about what sort of NAS I might require. It would be super if you could help me on this! Thank you for all the help.

The primary use is going to be storing media files to stream movies on TV through maybe a Plex TV application. The other use would be offloading the phone media files, including camera videos and photos, to the NAS drive.

I look forward to hearing from you.
For your use case, both the Synology DS220+ and DS423+ would be suitable options. However, if you plan on streaming high-quality media files and/or running multiple applications simultaneously, the DS423+ would offer better performance due to its more powerful processor and higher RAM capacity. Additionally, the DS423+ has more drive bays for storage expansion in the future. That being said, if you are on a tighter budget or don't anticipate needing as much storage, the DS220+ would still be a great option. Ultimately, it comes down to your specific needs and budget.