Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Copy selected files between 2 Synology

Hi,

I have DS918+ and my friend have DS923+. Obviously we are in 2 locations. We both make videos and store them in shared folders - I have access to his video folder and he have to mine. Sometimes I need to download a few of his video to my NAS. Right now we have to download to a PC and then -via LAN - to our server. We are looking for a way to copy selected files from one NAS to the other directly - so I can setup a copy of a few files in the evening (40-100 GB), turn off the PC and go to sleep.
The options I found basically is for synchronization so the whole his video folder would be mirrored on my NAS - I only need specific files.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Regards,
Dominik GawriƂow
You can use Synology's Cloud Station ShareSync to synchronize specific folders or files between your two Synology NAS devices. This will allow you to keep both folders in sync, but also choose which files to sync.

Here are the steps to set up Cloud Station ShareSync:

Install the Cloud Station Server package on both of your Synology NAS devices.
On one of the NAS devices, create a new folder that you want to synchronize with the other NAS device.
Enable the Cloud Station ShareSync service on both NAS devices.
Go to the "Cloud Station ShareSync" app on the first NAS device and click "Create".
Select the folder you created in step 2 and choose the destination folder on the other NAS device.
Choose the sync mode and any other options you want, such as whether to sync deletions or not.
Click "Create" to start the synchronization process.
Once the synchronization is set up, you can choose which files to sync by simply putting them in the folder you created for synchronization. They will automatically be copied to the other NAS device. If you want to copy a large number of files at once, you can simply drag and drop them into the synchronized folder.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.