Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Which Synology NAS?

I have a Mycloud which is losing software support so time to upgrade. I am looking at the 4 bay DS923+.

I am a small home business which stores a lot of paperwork (pdf/excel,jpeg) for classes (student question papers, attendance sheets, answer sheets, feedback sheets, certificates) into folders so I can type in their name and retrieve all documents associated with that person. I need to make sure all paperwork is fully secure so set up (synology backup or RAID configuration) advice also sought.

I will eventually like to create and store youtube style vlogs and also transfer over my personal icloud photos, images etc onto the NAS at some point once I have mastered use of the NAS. I AM STILL OPEN TO ANY NAS BEST FOR MYSELF, but the videos seem to show the 923+ as possbily be the one for me?
thanks.
Based on your requirements, the DS923+ would be a great option for you. It has a powerful AMD CPU and 10GbE upgrade, which should provide fast speeds for remote multimedia access and transferring large files. The 4-bay setup also provides ample storage space for your documents, vlogs, and personal photos.

In terms of securing your data, you can use Synology's backup and RAID configuration to ensure your files are protected from hardware failures or accidental deletions. RAID configurations such as RAID 1 or RAID 5 can provide redundancy, which means that if one hard drive fails, you won't lose your data. You can also set up regular backups to an external hard drive or cloud storage service for added security.

Overall, the DS923+ seems like a great fit for your needs. Just make sure to properly set up and configure the NAS for maximum security and performance. Also new DS423+ is coming out with quad core Celeron if you need multimedia remote access.