Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

HDDs

Hi Guys,

Thinking of buying 2 x 20TB drives

Do you have an affiliate link for eBay?
https://www.ebay.de/itm/374552340258?hash=item57350f2722:g:dvMAAOSw9ItiKReP&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4JC%2BYcoqMB656oR%2FXZ2yI95OGG18Cssx2%2BkUW44irjDH1tavAIquSCo5FOFLK1TsNnDv0VeKGWVU9%2F1%2FKHnTMBFz87FqoOn84hc9qKoy6E0YH%2FjRs9hwI4z%2FZ6ZA8XD0UMIiWNKd8OWDHYeE0XdOOs9Ps3mafgV4DMG7KAW0qIzXQTRbOulBnumETZ8aSIVsDb56kt%2BkIeAoR4A33KRNr%2FUwy5s%2F7R0qpF2XVqRbKZbomM2KSygL%2BZyPqGfp0Uw8LxdH50cAiuX2h3ic6X8Xm8wVVVwAPyTsoeroh01yT7nx%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR5DNovPYYQ#RETURNS_SECTION_MODULE

Also the seller suggests that there are no returns. Is this a bad option?

I am thinking between Toshiba N300 vs Seagate IronWolf Pro vs WD Red Pro vs WD Ultrastar 18TB. Which brand will you buy if you were in my shoes or it is hard to tell which one is better?

In addition, do you know great dealers with cheaper prices for Nas HDDs 18TB or 20TB in London, Uk or Germany?

Thanks,
Plamen
Buying two 20TB drives is a good option if you need a lot of storage space for your media files and security camera footage. It will give you a total of 40TB of storage, which should be plenty for your needs.

Regarding the seller's no return policy, it's always a good idea to buy from a seller who offers returns in case there are any issues with the product. However, if the seller has a good reputation and the drives are new and under warranty, it may still be a viable option. Just make sure you read the seller's policies and understand the warranty terms before making your purchase.

In terms of the brands you mentioned, all four are reputable and have their own strengths and weaknesses. The Toshiba N300 is known for its reliability and performance, while the Seagate IronWolf Pro offers features like built-in data recovery and health monitoring. The WD Red Pro is a popular choice for NAS use and offers high endurance, while the WD Ultrastar is designed for high performance and reliability.

If I were in your shoes, I would likely choose the brand and model based on the specific features and performance that I need for my use case. For example, if reliability is a top priority, then the Toshiba N300 or WD Red Pro might be a good choice. If performance and features like data recovery are more important, then the Seagate IronWolf Pro might be a better fit.

As for cheaper dealers in London or Germany, it's hard for me to make specific recommendations since prices can vary depending on the seller and their inventory. However, I would suggest checking out online retailers like Amazon or Newegg, or even checking with local computer stores or electronics retailers to compare prices and find the best deal. Just make sure to verify the seller's reputation and warranty policies before making your purchase.