Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

QNAP TS-262-4G 2-Bay enqiry

I am considering purchasing your recent model QNAP TS-262-4G 2-Bay Tower NAS

I have a spare m.2 ssd lying around
Can I simply just use this drive on its own to begin with in qtier mode setting and purchase another m.2 down the track.

I primarily want to use only 1 TB nvme drives as they are much faster .

I don't have any spare 2.5 inch drives lying around and this would increase the initial investment.

Thanks in advance for you assistance?
Yes, you can use the spare m.2 SSD that you have on its own to start with in Qtier mode on the QNAP TS-262-4G. The QNAP TS-262-4G has two M.2 SSD slots, so you can add another M.2 SSD down the track to increase your storage capacity and performance.

Keep in mind that when using only one M.2 SSD, you will not be able to take advantage of RAID functionality or redundancy. If you plan on using the NAS for important data that you don't want to risk losing, it is recommended to have some form of redundancy, such as RAID 1. In that case, you would need to add a second M.2 SSD to enable RAID functionality.

Also, keep in mind that using only NVMe drives may not be the most cost-effective solution, as they are generally more expensive than traditional hard drives or even SATA SSDs. However, if you require the added performance benefits of NVMe, then it may be worth the investment for your specific use case.