Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

client solution

my client needs a file sharing solution, synology is my choice of Hardware.
they have 3 offices in 3 different states,
i want to be able to

1, Backup every users PC to the NAS
2, have shared folders for different departments, the folder have to be synced realtime as they shhare files from the main office to the factory (these folders have to be mapped to windows explorer)
3, have a cloud backup for all their data
4, have access to their data over the internet
5, have remote management for the whole system.

so my question is,
will i have only one NAS in one site and connect the other sites to the NAS over the internet or i will have a NAS in each of the three sites and they will all sync over the internet?

hope you can help me out with a solution.
For your client's needs, I would recommend setting up a centralized Synology NAS at their main office and have the remote offices connect to it over the internet.

Here's how you can set it up:

Backup every user's PC to the NAS: You can set up Synology's Active Backup for Business (ABB) solution to backup every user's PC to the NAS.

Have shared folders for different departments: You can create shared folders on the NAS and set up Synology's Drive package to sync them in real-time. You can also map these folders to Windows Explorer for easy access.

Have a cloud backup for all their data: Synology offers its own cloud backup solution called C2 Backup, which you can use to backup your client's data to the cloud.

Have access to their data over the internet: You can set up Synology's QuickConnect service to access the NAS over the internet securely.

Have remote management for the whole system: You can use Synology's web interface or mobile apps to manage the NAS remotely.

With this setup, you only need one centralized NAS, which is cost-effective and easier to manage. The remote offices can connect to the NAS securely over the internet, and all the data is synced in real-time, providing a seamless experience.
Having alos a local NAS that syncs with the main NAS is also an option to improve the data transfer speeds.